Flat situation.. For the past 6 weeks 2 out of 3 flatties have been really weird around me, not talking to me and avoiding me and leaving the room when I come in... Then this arvo I get this from 1 of them "Hey Amy, I've been thinking about the flat situation all weekend. I'm really not comfortable in the flat at the moment and know the girls feel the same way. This is due to a number of different things but mainly the blatant disrespect you have for others in the house currently.Something needs to change and I don't think it should lead to us having to move out." I come home to chat and its like 3 against 1 gang up on Amy time. 1 of them who has been normal with me stayed relatively neutral but basically they don't like my friends, they don't want people here during the week and the even talked about my eating issues- saying they've noticed I've lost weight and the people I hang out with obv don't care cos they don't try and help. I told them yes I have people or at least 1 person here every night cos at the moment I don't wanna be home by myself. I don't like sitting around in the lounge with them watching tv. I need social distraction, something to do (play around on laptop w music etc) and just cos my friends are party people doesn't mean they don't care. They bring me food all the time - I just don't eat it. I've got enough people trying to "fix" me it's nice to be around people where my ed isn't the first topic of conversation. I told them no disrespect has happened they just need to speak up and tell me if my music is too loud for them. I can't read minds and as I've been working part time I have no concept of sleep and time. I txt my mum the txt I got and she sent a very blunt reply. The way it ended with the flatties was that I will keep the weekdays quiet but I'm not telling people NOT to come over, I pay rent so have a right to have friends here. But they need to communicate better (like the 3rd girl does) and speak up rather than let these things build up!
Wednesday, 12 September 2012
The Flatties
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment