Monday, 14 June 2010

Friday

So its now Sunday night and I havent spoken to my sister all weekend - normally i talk to her at least once a day either on the phone or on skype or something but I havent heard from her since the comment on friday !!


I cut on Friday too - I felt so useless and worthless and after hearing my sister agree with me. I was sitting in bed thinking Im not actually wanted and all those dark thoughts but then thought I cant do anything cos thats just selfish towards my flat mates who would find me. So instead I broke my new years resolution ... again and cut.

when i started i started slowly, i was kinda scared cos i hadnt done it in so long i was anticipating pain. i was scared more about how i was gonna feel while i was doing it rather than the actual act of cutting itself.
I cut in a new place too this time. I wanted to be able to hide it and feel something different. I cut above the elbow on the inside of the arm on my left arm... it bled like anything but i felt no pain.
I was sitting in bed and blood was running down my arm and into my hand yet i was feeling no pain. So i cut it again making sure to press a little bit deeper, but once again no pain - only more and more blood.
So i took the razor in my left hand and made 2 short quick cuts just by my elbow - i know its painful there - the quick cuts hurt more. But i barely felt anything except anger. All i wanted to do was to attack my arm with the razor, cause myself alot of pain and sit and cry but I couldnt I was too ashamed and felt guilty for leaving marks on my arm. I am sick of the looks i get when people see the scars, the eyes on my scars.
I was affraid of what people would think and i think that that actually stopped me from carrying on. I had cut 2 deep cuts and the one on my other arm was still bleeding so i sat on my bed and cried!

I didn feel much after cutting this time. I felt guilty for being such a failure and not being strong enough to resist the need to cut. I felt a release but im not sure what sort of emotion was being released!

1 comment:

Cailineile said...

You are not a failure, no matter what your sister said your not, sometimes bigger sisters are just like that, they want to try and make you grow up, but your 22, your not going to suddenly turn into a 40 year old over night, whats the point in that?? I'm sure your sister made a few mistakes when she was your age so please forget about this failure stuff, your not a failure at all.