
So this evening Josh (my 1 year old nephew) was up stairs in his cot crying cos he had just woken up. And my sister was vacumming, so I asked if she wanted me to go up stairs and get him. She said "No he's ok"
I suddenly thought, he's obviously not ok cos he is crying and wants to be taken out of his cot. Am i really that useless that i can't get him out and bring him downstairs so she could carry on with the vacuming. ???
I wonder if she stops and asks herself, "do i really want such a useless waste of space person handling my son" or better yet "do i really want this useless cow as my sister and as his aunty"
I thought I was doing a helpful thing by going up to get him, that it would make her job easier. But obviously not. She obviously doesn't want me around cos i'm so useless and a waste of space.
I don't know how to change.
Back at home in NZ, when i was at Donnas, if i would say to her "oh do you want me to get baby" she would jump at the chance, in fact alot of the time she would ask me if i could go and get baby out of the cot or change Katie-Roses nappy. Here I offer and still get shut down.
I really must be useless.
No comments:
Post a Comment