So walking home from work today and as i walk along a narrow path through the park by my work a guy who i thought looked a little bit mentally disabled was walking towards me and as i got closer he stopped where he was and looked straight at me and put his arms out as if he was gonna hug me. I tried to move to the opp side to where he was standing but he just moved too. I then got up close and side stepped him and walked really fast up the road. The whole way home i was crying and by the time i got home i was so freaked out i was having a full blown panic attack.
I was shaking and crying and couldnt breathe and sweating. It was scary, i was so freaked out and i was scared i wasnt gonna be able to calm down.
I have not had a panic attack in over a year. And i forgot how scary it is.
I know i freaked out for no reason, the guy wouldnt have actually hurt me i dont think, it was still light out with loads of people around. But i just panicked. I felt so vulnarable and scared and my first thought was he is going to rape me. And i remember how i felt straight after i was raped and how i felt so disgusting and violated and hurt.
All of those feelings that i felt soon after the rape came rushing back and freaked me out.
The worst part is, is that i am probably gonna be faced with this for the rest of my life. I will always feel scared and panic when put in any situation like that. And that scares me almost as much as the guy did this arvo.
Friday, 21 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment